Ant requires the installation of the Java Development Kit (JDK). Ensure that the JAVA_HOME environment variable is set to the folder where your JDK is installed.
Also, set the PATH variable for Java
Ant Installation :
- Download Apache Ant from http://ant.apache.org/bindownload.cgi
- Go to current release of Ant and download bin.zip file.
- Extract the zip file into a directory structure of your choice.
- Open the Ant folder that we downloaded.
- Copy its path and create a variable ANT_HOME.
- Also set path for Ant. Double click on PATH variable and the folder path upto bin.
- Click on OK -> OK -> OK
Verifying Installation :
Check your installation by opening a command line and typing
ant -version into the commend line. It will show the version number of your installed Ant version.