AWS Marketplace offers free and paid software products that run on the AWS Free Tier.
If you qualify for the AWS Free Tier, you can use below services for free during the 12 months period.
- Amazon EC2 – 750 Hours per month
- Amazon EFS – 5 GB of storage
- Amazon Elastic Block Storage – 30 GB any combination of General Purpose (SSD) or Magnetic
- Amazon Elastic Container Registry – 500 MB per month of storage
- Amazon S3 – 5 GB of standard storage
- Amazon RDS – 750 Hours per month of db.t2.micro database usage (applicable DB engines)
- Elastic Load Balancing – 750 Hours per month shared between Classic and Application load balancers
- Amazon CloudFront 50 GB of data transfer out
- Amazon API Gateway 1 Million API Calls Received per month
- Other featured services.
If you use the services more than the limit, you will be charged for what you use additionally. You can monitor your free tier usage in billing dashboard.
There are other services you can use after AWS Free Tier expired and available to all AWS customers.
- Amazon DynamoDB
- Amazon Cognito
- AWS CodeCommit
- Amazon CloudWatch
- AWS Storage Gateway
- AWS CodeBuild
- Amazon Simple Workflow Service (SWF)
- Simple Queue Service (SQS)
- AWS Lambda
- AWS CodePipeline
- AWS Step Functions
- Amazon Glacier
And other services
Visit https://aws.amazon.com/free/ for detailed information.
AWS Account Setup
Got to https://aws.amazon.com and click on Create a Free Account. You will see below page.
Provide an email address, password, and your name and click on Continue.
In the next page “Contact Information”, Choose Personal and enter the details.
Click on “Create Account and Continue”.
In the next page “Payment Information”, Provide Credit/Debit card information and click on Secure Submit.
Complete the transaction. They will charge you 2 rupees for account verification and they we send money back to you.
Once transaction completed, you will see the below page.
Check the mobile number, enter the captcha correctly and click on “Call Me Now”.
You will receive a call from AWS. Answer the call and enter the 4 digit code that displayed on your browser.
Once successfully verified, click on Continue.
In the next page, Select Free (Basic Plan).
You will be redirected Welcome page. Enter your role and interest click on Submit.
Next, Click on Sign In to the Console and Sign with your email address and Password.
On successfully sign in, you will see AWS Management Console.
Click on Services drop-down, you will see all the services offered by AWS.
Goto Billing dashboard and you can see all your usage charges.